A guest builds a relationship with their stylist which can last for a lifetime.
Qualified stylists who want to join our salon teams have to undergo an intense process, beginning with a trade test and interview, followed by a 4 week training programme which includes salon induction, product knowledge, cutting and Aveda colour training. Once these stages have been completed then you can begin to work on the salon floor.
We insist that every member of our team completes this process so that we can maintain the high level of hairdressing throughtout the James Dun’s House salons. At James Dun’s House we believe that “learning never ends”, and continue to educate and develop our team through continued technical and personal training.
There are many career paths available to you once you join us, helping with training and educating our apprentices and Academy stylists, helping us create the looks for our Style Menu, or becoming salon floor manager and joining our managerial team.
There is no such thing as a typical day, when it comes to being a stylist in our salons. But your responsibilities include:
- Making each & every guest look and feel fantastic by delivering exceptional service and fantastic hairdressing.
- Educating guests about the latest cuts, colours and styles.
- Consulting your guest about their desired look & ensuring they have an exceptional expereince.
- Sharing product knowledge and tips to the guest on getting the best out of their look.
- Making people feel better about themselves by talking and listening to them.