James Dun ‘s House – A Guide to Getting Hair Like A Celebrity
Have you ever wondered how your favourite celebrity manages to change her hairstyle and colour weekly and still show off hair that is glossy and full of length and volume?
The team at James Dun’s House spill some of the secrets and gives you some top tips on how to get your hair looking fit for the red carpet!
We all know that over-processing your hair can cause it to become dry and damaged, so how do Rihanna and Kim Kardashian manage to change their hair colour so often and get away with it?
In our opinion, a great hair cut can work wonders in getting rid of split ends and cutting away dry and damaged hair. The right hair cut can also give your hair a boost by giving it volume and style, while a nurturing hair colour from Aveda can give you the most amazing, vibrant hair colour.
Top tips for shiny, healthy hair
- After rinsing out your shampoo and conditioner, give your hair a blast of cool or cold water.
- Once a month apply a leave-in conditioner.
- Gently towel dry your hair and apply a light serum while the hair is still wet.
- Let your hair dry naturally whenever possible to promote healthy hair. However, when blow drying your hair, direct the nozzle down the hair shaft and have a final blast of ‘cool’ air.
- Apply a straightening balm to dry hair, such as Aveda’s Smooth infusion naturally straight. The smoother the cuticle, the shinier your hair will be.
- Use a long round brush with short bristles so your hair glides smoothly over the brush.
- If you wear your hair in a ponytail, alternate the fastening point and give it a break by wearing your hair down.
- Give your hair a break from styling irons. If you cannot live without your styling tools, invest in a quality styling iron and a good protective spray.