We all know the uplifting power of a good hair day – a bounce in our locks usually means a bounce in our steps. Well you will be glad to know that with the right quick and easy haircare regime, you can ensure a lot more good hair days.
1. wash wisely – “Try not to wash your hair more than 3 times a week” advises Gillian, our Glasgow Salon Creative Director.
Too much shampooing will strip the hair of its natural oils and make it dry and brittle. And don’t forget you’ll get the most from your wash by choosing a shampoo formulated for your hair type.
” I recommend Colour Conserve Shampoo to all my colour guests, to help keep their colour locked in and looking it’s best.”
2. condition – It is best to opt for a conditioner from the same haircare range as your shampoo, so that the products work in tandem.
When applying conditioner, massage it downwards to seal the cuticles for a smooth finish. Avoid putting conditioner on your roots, as your scalp produces natural oils anyway, so adding more will just weigh your hair down.
3. lock in shine – Use a rich conditioning treatment once a week. Smooth it on after washing, leave for at least 5 minutes, the warm steam of the shower will help the nutrients penetrate the hair shaft, before rinsing off.
4. style it up – “The change in season can send hair frizz crazy” says Gillian. Frizzy hair is not a good look. Choose a smoothing serum to give your hair gorgeous shine that lasts.
” I love Light Elements Smoothing Fluid as it adds shine and smooths hair without weighing it done.”
5. protect in the sun – “Don’t forget about protecting your hair from the sun” advises Gillian. A quick spray of sun protectant will save your hair from becoming dry and damaged.