Our front desk is the heart of our salon.
It’s the check-in for guests coming into the salon, and check-out for departing ones. It’s the booking department, sales department, gift certificate shop, customer service desk, and complaint department. We offer a job that’s diverse, challenging and unique in the world of hairdressing.
The front desk teams in our Aberdeen and Glasgow salons are responsible for ensuring the smooth running of all appointments throughout the day, and maintaining a positive, friendly atmosphere for our guests. Their aim is to ensure that each and every guest has a fantastic experience at James Dun’s House.
We provide full product, services and customer care training for all our front desk teams, as well as ongoing training and development. There are several career paths available to you, once you join the team; such as front desk supervisor, wedding co-ordinator or Aveda Advisor.
Duties vary from day to day, but typical responsibilities for the front desk team include:
- Managing our call centre and answering calls, with proper telephone etiquette.
- Providing exceptional customer service to each and every guest.
- Desk staff should be aware of all stylists’ skills, time requirements and personalities in order to successfully match them with guests.
- All front desk staff should have exceptional product knowledge so that they recommend and retail products.
- Front desk staff may also have to solve problems, run reports, manage cash receipts, maintain inventory and order supplies.